HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO MAINTAIN MY EXTENSIONS?
- Every 4-6 weeks to ensure your extensions don't become visible and your hair stays healthy
We charge $90.00 per full head (40 pce)
HOW DO I REMOVE THE TAPE?
- Spray the remover into the centre of the tape, place the tail comb in the centre (between tape) and pull toward you. Remember to remove the backing. Always peel from the centre never the sides. Please note: if you have any residue, this happens when heat tools are applied. To remove use Showpony Residue Remover and comb out. Deep cleanse at least 2- 3 times before re applying the hair extensions to ensure all of the residue remover is removed. If you are having difficulty with this apply coconut oil and use a wide tooth comb and brush from the roots. The oil will make any residue slide out. Make sure you double shampoo to thoroughly remove any leftover coconut oil
CAN YOU COLOUR EXTENSIONS?
- We do not recommend or guarantee colouring, however if they do, you can only dye from Lighter to Darker NOT Darker to Lighter. You can use toner as well. Do NOT bleach. The extensions are very porous, so we advise that you do a spot test first, as the colour will vary from batch to batch. Use no more than 3% developer. Please note you will be doing this at your own risk.
HOW LONG UNTIL I CAN WASH MY HAIR AFTER APPLICATION?
- Shampoo / Conditioner are to be used 48 hours AFTER the extensions have been applied.
WHAT PRODUCTS SHOULDNT I USE ON THE EXTENSIONS?
- Anything that contains keratin or protein, as this can tend to make the extensions dry & frizzy. Purple Shampoo and colour, can also tend to make the tape slip, due to the high protein. Anything oil based, should be used from the ears down to avoid slippage with Tape Extensions.
We recommend anything moisturising - such as Muk Ultra Soft Shampoo & Conditioner. They also have an amazing 1 minute miracle treatment that we love!
WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN THE TAPE BECOMES GLUGGY?
- High heat is usually the cause of this – Hot Showers, Hair Dryers & Straighteners, & humidity
WHAT IS THE REMOVER MADE FROM?
Tea tree Oil and Alternifolia - (The bark of a native Australian Tree)
WHAT DOES THE MOROCCAN OIL DO?
It is a restorative treatment for damaged hair and skin. It helps maintains hair extensions also, giving shine and moisture to the hair. It does not contain red colourings – this means it will not discolour the lighter hair extension tones.
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO BRUSH & WASH MY EXTENSIONS?
- The more you wash your extensions, the more frequently you should be oiling them. Extensions are not attached to your scalp so they do not get the same oil that your hair produces naturally, so by applying the Moroccan Oil daily, will prevent them from drying out. If you find your extensions are getting knotty, it may be because they're lacking oil & moisture. Tangle teezers are highly recommended (hair brush)
Q: HOW CAN HAIR EXTENSIONS IMPROVE MY HAIR?
A: Hair extensions can be used for many reasons, including:
To add length
To add volume/thickness
To fix a bad haircut
To add highlights or lowlights
To create a Balayage/Ombre colour without lightening the ends of your own hair
Q: HOW LONG DOES MY HAIR NEED TO BE BEFORE I GET HAIR EXTENSIONS?
A: The shortest your hair should be for a natural result is approximately 2-3 inches long. If you are unsure whether your hair is long enough please contact us to book a consultation so we can assess this for you or send us a photo so we can let you know what we recommend.
Q: WILL EXTENSIONS DAMAGE MY OWN HAIR OR HURT?
A: The methods that we specialise in are the most up to date methods on the market. No damage or stress should be causes to your hair / scalp, providing you follow our simple Maintenance Plan. Correct application technique is vital to prevent hair breakage and if not applied correctly they can be painful. This is normally caused by applying them too close to the scalp, an incorrect amount of hair placed in the attachments, or the extensions not lying flat to your head.
Q: CAN THEY BE USED WITH THE STRAIGHTNER AND CURLER?
A: Yes you can style your Hair Extensions as they are 100% Human Hair. It is recommended to always use a heat protector when styling your Hair Extensions, as you should be with your own hair too.